SMSTS Refresher (Two Day) ONLINE Course
This refresher course will provide delegates with improved and refreshed knowledge and understanding on responsibilities and accountability for site safety.
By the end of course, the delegate will:
- Gain knowledge in the Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations 2015
- Have a greater knowledge of site set-up, risk assessments/method statements and working at height
- Better understand the health and safety implications of working with scaffolding, electricity, excavations, demolition and confined spaces
- Have an awareness of any recent changes in accepted working practices and behavioural safety
This course will cover the following topics:
- Risk assessments
- Explanation and overviews of construction legislation
- An initiation to health and safety law and the duties, responsibilities and sanctions surrounding it
- Awareness of human error
- Motivating staff
- Planning health and safety for projects
- Recognising the responsibility of the workforce
- Communicating effectively
- Managing contractors
- The procedure of an accident occurring on-site and the process following the accident
- Development of permit systems and safe systems of work
- A safe system of work production
- Awareness of an organisation’s responsibilities and duties
The tutor will assess the delegates throughout the training. On the last day, you must display a presentation in front of other group members. You will also complete an examination.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at those who currently hold a valid SMSTS certificate. The minimum requirement for entry is that the delegate can understand, write and speak English well. Photographic ID and the delegates national insurance number must be provided on the first day of the course.
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a CITB Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate.
NFB Members £300+VAT per person
Non Members £335+VAT per person
* CITB Grant Claimable £60 per person, if eligible.
CALL 03450 578 160 or email: email@example.com
- To book this Online course
- If you need to do the SMSTS Full course - Click HERE
- Looking for a classroom course - CALL FOR DATES & LOCATION
- Never done an Online course before - No problem let us help!
- To discuss other training requirements