Health & Safety Awareness (One Day) Course
The course will provide a basic introduction to understanding potential construction site hazards and how everyone can contribute to keeping the workplace safe.
Delegates will be given the knowledge to identify individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The course will ensure that individual responsibilities are understood:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties
- What is expected of them
- Contributing to the safety of the workplace
By the end of course, the delegate will know:
- The need to prevent accidents
- The Health and Safety Law – including the Health and Safety Act, and its surrounding regulations, concerning the construction industry
- How their role fits into the control and management of the construction site
- The need for risk assessments and method statements
- The need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- How to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
To complete the H&S Awareness course, delegates must be involved in the classroom-based discussion and complete individual and/or group presentations. Delegates are expected to participant throughout the course and score 20 out of 25 on the final multiple-choice assessment.
Who should attend this course?
Delegates who require the CSCS Green Labourer Card to get on a construction site. It is ideal for those who work in construction or are looking to start a career in construction.
Delegates must be able to read, write and understand English well to attend the course. Photographic ID and the delegates national insurance number must be provided on the first day of the course.
Delegates on successfully completion will be awarded a CITB Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate.
Certificate Valid for Five years
Course format options
Available Online and Classroom
NFB Members £150 +VAT per person.
Non Members £195 + VAT per person
CALL 03450 578 160 or email: email@example.com
- For all training course dates running through-out August, September and October 2020
- To book this training course
- To discuss your training requirements with a member of the NFB Training Team
- To deliver this course in your organisation