Working at Height Awareness Training (Half-day) Course
The HSE says falling from height remains the most common cause of workplace fatalities, accounting for nearly 3 in 10 fatal injuries to workers.
It is essential that employees have the information they need to plan and manage safely any tasks that involve working at height.
By the end of course, delegates will:
- Know the key requirements of The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Understand the control hierarchy for working at height
- Perform safe work procedures and other safety requirements
- Know how work restraint systems and fall arrest systems operate
- The legal requirement for head protection
- Be able to describes how and when bump caps and hard hats should be worn
- An introduction to working at heights
- The legislation surrounding working at heights
- The duties of an employer and employee whilst working at height
- Risk assessments and planning
- Roof access
- Avoiding falls
- Using ladders and stepladders
- Lifting devices
Delegates will be assessed through a short assessment paper at the end of the course.
Who should attend the course?
The course is suitable for everyone in building and construction. If you work in conditions in which you use harnesses, ladders or fall arrest apparatus, this course is suitable for you.
This course, which is available both online and in the classroom, is accredited and the certificate is valid for three years.
NFB members £85+VAT per person
Non-members £99+VAT per person