UKATA Asbestos Awareness (Half Day) Course
The UKATA Asbestos Awareness training course will give delegates a greater understanding of the dangers of asbestos and how it affects the industry.
By the end of the training course, the delegate will:
- Know the materials that contain asbestos
- Understand where to find asbestos
- Know the health risks, hazards and procedures in the event of working in proximity to asbestos.
- Know how to refrain from disturbing asbestos
- Know how to conduct the emergency procedures required if you come into unforeseen contact with asbestos
This course will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the properties in which asbestos would be present.
- The different types of asbestos.
- The risks of asbestos exposure and its effect on your health.
- How, why, where and when asbestos was used.
- The regulations surrounding asbestos. The tutor delivers the course in a classroom format. The tutor teaches through solo and group practical activities.
Who should attend this course?
Those who work in building maintenance e.g. plumbers, electricians. Anyone involved in construction – by law, anyone employed to work on any type of construction or refurbishment project must have been provided with Asbestos Awareness training.
UKATA approved and Valid for 12 months
Course format options
NFB Members £99 +VAT per person.
Non Members £135+ VAT per person
Thursday 29th October 2020 - 9.30am
Thursday 29th October 2020 - 1pm
To book call 03450 578 160 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To book this training course
- To discuss your training requirements with a member of the NFB Training Team
- To deliver this course in your organisation