Safety Harness (Half-day) Course
A poorly-fitted safety harness can be very dangerous. This course is vital for those who commonly use a harness whilst working at height.
By the end of course, the delegate will:
- Have a better understanding of suitable health & safety legislation
- Be able to recognise and select the correct PPE in working at height situations
- Learn how to attach and adjust a lanyard safely
- Be able to examine a MEWP harness and its equipment
- Know how to exhibit their safety awareness skills
- Understand how to inspect the workplace, and the equipment needed, before using a harness
- Be able to weigh up the requirements for preparing and coordinating the workplace
- Be capable of organising and planning for emergency procedures
- Health & safety legislation
- Working at height and PPE
- Lanyard and harness safety
- Arranging and preparing risk assessments
- Fall prevention
- Fall arrest systems
Delegates will be assessed through a short assessment paper at the end of the course.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for anyone who works regularly whilst wearing a harness or lanyard for support, as well as those in need of fall arrest in their work.
This course, which is available both online and in the classroom, earns the delegate a certificate that is valid for three years.
Delegates must be 16 years old or above and physically capable. Delegates will have to provide their harness and lanyard for practical presentations.
NFB members £85+VAT per person.
Non-members £99+VAT per person