NEBOSH Construction Certificate (15-day*) Course
This course covers the core health & safety issues involved in construction and provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of workplace hazards. Many delegates undertake this course as a platform to build on their skills and knowledge so they can advance in their construction health & safety career.
Management of Health & Safety
This unit covers HSE legislation, health & safety knowledge and health & safety management systems.
- Why we should manage workplace health & safety
- How health & safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health & safety monitoring and measuring
Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
This unit covers workplace hazards and how to control and prevent them in a construction environment.
- Construction management and law
- Hazards and control on a construction site
- Plant and vehicle movement hazard control
- Control of musculoskeletal hazards and risks
- Hazards and control of work equipment
- Electrical & fire safety
- Health hazards and risk control of chemical and biological substances
- Psychological and physical health hazards and risk control
- Working at height, confined spaces and deep excavation hazard control
- Demolition hazard control
- NCC2 – practical assessment
The delegate will need to successfully pass an Open Book Assessment (NG1) as well as a closed book exam (NCC1). They will also have a practical assessment to complete (NCC2), which they will submit after the exams. Delegates receive their certificate 6-8 weeks after the results have been declared by NEBOSH.
Who should attend this course?
Supervisors, managers and those with a role under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
This course, which is available both online and in the classroom, is NEBOSH accredited. You do not need to renew your NEBOSH certificate.
NFB members £1,495+VAT per person.
Non-members £1,650+VAT per person