Medium Risk Confined Spaces (Two Day) Course
This Medium Risk Confined Spaces course is devised to give the delegate attending the knowledge to work in a Medium Risk confined space safely.
By the end of the training course, the delegate will:
- Prepare to work in a Medium Risk confined space safely
- Enter and exit a Medium Risk confined space safely
- Prepare and use of escape breathing apparatus
- Use tools and equipment safely
- Follow work and procedures in a safe manner
- Know how to deal with an emergency
- Behave properly when working in confined spaces
- Know the legislation surrounding work in a confined space
- Apply knowledge of confined spaces into your work
This course will cover the following topics:
- The definition of a confined space
- The definition of Water UK NC1- NC4 classifications
- What are Low, Medium and High-Risk environments?
- Regulations – preventing the need for entry
- Risk Assessments and hazard identification
- Atmospheric gases and hazards
- Principles and use of gas detectors
- Safe systems to work and permits to work
- The duties of a top man/bottom man
- Adjusting, correct donning and pre-use checking of a harness
- Inspecting tripods, fall arrest equipment and winches
- Using and inspecting personal escape breathing apparatus
Written Exam and Observation
Who should attend this course?
If you are working in a confined space which may require you to use an escape breathing apparatus. If you have to enter the space using *manual or mechanical access equipment.
The tutor will also assign delegates who are positioned outside of the confined space with responsibilities. They will have assigned responsibilities for dealing with an emergency and controlling the entry. The course is also suitable for those who conduct this role.
*Manual or mechanical access
Horizontally entering a confined space by walking or climbing or working away from the vertical entry with restricted use of a rescue line.
To vertically enter a confined space using a man-riding winch or ladder where both operatives will need assisted rescue and fall protection.
Accredited and Valid for 3 years
Course format options
Available Online and Classroom
CALL 03450 578 160 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To book this training course
- To discuss your training requirements with a member of the NFB Training Team
- To deliver this course in your organisation