Manual Handling (Half Day) Course
This course show delegates how to improve their manual handling technique, how to conduct a personal risk assessment and how to understand the risks linked with manual handling.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction and Legislation –manual handling is? How injuries are caused. The positive outcome of controlling risks, legislation, employer and employee duties and also HSE guidance.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Assessing task, load, and environmental hazards. Evaluating who may be harmed. Evaluating risks, recording findings and also reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – organising a manual lifting operation. Hierarchy of control measures, individual capacity and avoiding manual handling. How mechanical aids, changing the task, load and environment, personal protective equipment and reducing the risks from team handling can help in a situation.
- Techniques – How to lift from low levels, carrying, lowering from a height. Pushing and pulling and team handling.
- Identifying the Risks – types of injury and the mechanics of movement and factors that increase the risk of harm.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone who conducts manual handling in their occupation. Also useful for individuals who wish to reduce their personal risk when handling.
Accredited and Valid for 3 years
Course format options
Available Online and Classroom
NFB Members £95 +VAT per person.
Non Members £135 + VAT per person
CALL 03450 578 160 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To book this training course
- To discuss your training requirements with a member of the NFB Training Team
- To deliver this course in your organisation