Managing Scaffold Operations Safely (One-day) Course
This course provides delegates with the knowledge to manage scaffolding operations safely.
By the end of course, the delegate will:
- Develop an understanding of current legislation
- Know the standards of work and the responsibilities of the employer and the employee re: scaffolding operations
- Learn about procedures relating to reporting, record-keeping and inspection of scaffolding operations
- Pre-contract planning of scaffolding operations
- When you would require a scaffold design
- TG20-compliant sheets
- Choosing a scaffolding contractor
- Scaffolders’ qualifications and training
- Safe working practices
- Safe use of a harness to SG4
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Selecting the most appropriate scaffold for the task
- TG20 basic scaffolds
- Safe use of scaffolding
- Scaffolding control and supervision
- Scaffolding inspection
- Handover certificates
- Scaffold tagging systems
- The monitoring of onsite scaffolding operations
Delegates will be assessed through a short assessment paper at the end of the course.
Who should attend this course?
Managers, safety advisors, directors, site agents, contract supervisors and others whose role involves organising and controlling scaffold operations onsite.
Delegates ideally have some working knowledge of scaffolding before attending the course but this isn’t compulsory. Ask us for more information.