Low Risk Confined Spaces (One Day) Course
This Low Risk Confined Spaces course will teach delegates how to enter and work in a confined space safely to conduct their work.
By the end of the training course, the delegate will:
- Understand general knowledge of working in Low Risk confined spaces
- Preparie to work safely in a Low Risk confined space
- Safely use tools and equipment safely
- Follow work and procedures safely
- Safely entering and exiting confined spaces
- Learn how to deal with an emergency
- Appropriately behave in a Low Risk confined space
- Consider how to apply your knowledge to your work
This course will cover the following topics:
- What is a confined space?
- What are Water UK NC1- NC4 classifications?
- The definition of a Low, Medium and High-Risk environment
- Regulations surrounding entering a confined space
- Hazard identification and Risk Assessments
- Use and principles of gas detectors
- Permits to work and Safe systems to work
- Topman/bottom man duties
- Adjusting, pre-use checking and correct donning a safety harness
- Fall arrest equipment, tripods and winches
Written Exam and Observation
Who should attend this course?
If you are working in a confined space with suitable or mechanical ventilation and the environment is a low risk; this is a suitable level for you.
Low risk – simple and unobstructed access and egress with no risk of flooding (valve chambers, meter pits, stairwells).
Accredited and Valid for 3 years
Course format options
Available Online and Classroom
CALL 03450 578 160 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all training course dates running through-out August, September and October 2020
- To book this training course
- To discuss your training requirements with a member of the NFB Training Team
- To deliver this course in your organisation