IATP Asbestos Awareness (Half Day Course) Online
The content of this course is designed to provide anyone whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos with sufficient knowledge to avoid putting themselves or others at risk, in line with regulatory requirements laid out in Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
By the end of the training course, the delegate will:
- Identify the properties of asbestos and outline the history of its use
- Outline the health effects of asbestos
- Outline the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant
- Identify the main statutory provisions that relate to asbestos
- Know the correct procedures to follow in an emergency
- Know how to avoid the risks of asbestos
A question and answer session will be held at the end of each module to ensure each learner has reached the necessary level of understanding.
End of course assessment (Pass mark 80%).
Who should attend this course?
The course is obligatory for those who work in building maintenance e.g. plumbers, electricians. Anyone involved in construction – by law, anyone employed to work on any type of construction or refurbishment project must have been provided with Asbestos Awareness training.
This course is IATP approved and Valid for 12 months
The course is delivered over MS Teams Online
NFB Members £90 + VAT per person.
Non Members £120 + VAT per person.
CALL 03450 578 160 or Email: email@example.com
- To book this online training course
- To discuss your training requirements with a member of the NFB Training Team
- To deliver this course in your organisation