Fire Extinguisher Technicians Refresher
This course updates delegates on new products in the market, legal disposal of extinguisher content and interpretation of the relevant standards and regulations. Meet legal requirements and maintain best practice if you handle and manage fire extinguishers.
By the end of the training course, delegates will have:
- knowledge of current servicing practices
- awareness and understanding of related standards and regulations
- the skills to continue to be safe and competent at work
- knowledge of current and forthcoming issues affecting the industry, e.g. environmental impact of extinguishants and the obligations facing organisations for their responsible disposal
- awareness of the range of new extinguishers available to ensure you can offer best practice advice and make informed, cost-effective choices
- knowledge to support you in remaining a ‘competent person’
- new British Standards & products
- current legislation
- BS 5306: Part 3 and 8
- class F extinguishers
Delegates, who can take this course both online and in the classroom, receive a Fire Protection Association (FPA) certificate and 5 IFE CPD hours.
Who should attend this course?
- Existing extinguisher technicians and those who manage service technicians that were trained three or more years ago
- Service technicians in organisations requiring BAFE SP101 Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians
- Premises managers
- Maintenance staff
- Facilities managers