Fire Extinguisher Recharging and Maintenance (Four-day) Course
It is a legal requirement that most fire extinguishers are serviced correctly and regularly by a competent technician, to remain effective in the event of a fire. This course offers an efficient and cost-effective solution for organisations which operate on one or more sites to undertake their own servicing and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Have knowledge of the correct servicing regime t for specific types of portable fire extinguisher
- Know the skills necessary to sit the theory and practical exam of servicing portable fire extinguishers in accordance with the requirements of BS 5306 Parts 3 and 8, an integral element of the BAFE SP101 Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians Scheme
- Types of fire and smoke spread
- Methods of fire extinguishment
- Extinguisher construction
- Recharging procedures
- Disposal of medium
- Preparing a report to the responsible person
- Provision and siting
- Gas cartridges
- Inspection and servicing
- Extinguishing agents
You will be assessed on the theory and practice of servicing portable fire extinguishers in accordance with the requirements of BS 5306 Parts 3 and 8.
Who should attend this course?
This course is suitable for maintenance and facilities staff, fire safety consultants, fire safety technicians, sellers and estimators, premises managers and people looking to gain the extinguisher technician qualification.