Basic Scaffold Inspection (Three-day) Course
This CISRS-accredited course gives you an understanding of scaffolding construction, its different forms and components. The course also covers inspection procedures and how to work to meet current legislation.
By the end of course, the delegate will:
- Understand the legislation surrounding scaffold systems
- Be able to assess loads before using working platforms and understand different scaffold systems
- Know how to safely inspect a scaffold structure or mobile tower
- Introduction to scaffolding and scaffolding terminology
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British and European industry standards (NASC)
- Overview of SG4:10 fall arrest equipment
- Tube, fittings and boards
- Safe ladder access and egress
- Scaffolders training and working methods
- Bracing and tying scaffolds
- Fan boards and public protection
- Mobile, static and loading towers
- Birdcage scaffolds
- Beams and bridging beams
- Various types of system scaffolding
- How to carry out a scaffolding inspection
- Scaffold tagging systems
- Scaffold inspection exercise
Delegates will be assessed through a knowledge test and assessment.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone with responsibility for inspecting, record keeping and approving scaffold structures.
This course, which is available both online and in the classroom, is CISRS accredited.
Delivered by a CISRS approved trainer.
To be accepted on to the course an individual must hold at least one of the following:
- Current CISRS Scaffolder card
- Expired or current CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course to renew their card
- Current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card
NFB members £495+VAT per person
To book or for more information, CALL 03450 578 160 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org