This ILM Level 5 accredited Coaching and Mentoring programme has been designed for managers, HR professionals or those working in organisations who have responsibility for delivering coaching and mentoring as part of their daily role or those who will be involved with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of an organisational coaching or mentoring scheme.
The first part of the programme is designed to develop fundamental coaching and mentoring skills before learners go on to explore coaching in an operational context.
Delivered in the classroom, Learners on the programme will:
- Understand what it takes to be an effective coach and mentor.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of effective coaches and mentors.
- Recognise the role and importance of effective contracting when coaching in a business context.
- Explore ethical practice.
- Understand the key psychological foundations of coaching and mentoring.
- Develop a toolkit of approaches and interventions that can be used in effective coaching and mentoring practice.
- Understand and be able to apply a range of coaching and mentoring models.
- Understand the business case for coaching and mentoring.
- Explore how to build effective organisational coaching and mentoring schemes.
- Understand the role of coach and mentor supervision to deliver effective schemes.
- Extensively practice the learnt skills in supervised coaching and mentoring sessions.
- Develop the skills to reflect effectively on personal coaching and mentoring practice to continuously develop and grow your own abilities in the field.
This highly engaging and interactive programme will give learners the opportunity to develop their skills and apply their learning in a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
About the course
This is a 16-credit programme delivered as an initial 2-day module followed by a further 2-day module some 5-8 weeks later.
The route to qualification is highly pragmatic. Learners are required to complete a written assignment to test knowledge of key concepts, ethical practice and the role and responsibilities of the coach or mentor before building a portfolio of evidence showcasing their coaching or mentoring interventions, reflections, and a comprehensive plan for their future Continuing Professional Development
Learners will receive regular support and coaching or mentoring supervision from the tutor team throughout their learning journey.
Dates to be confirmed in 2023Become a member