Lean Improvement in Construction
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
It is widely recognised that the construction industry has an intractable problem with productivity. McKinsey’s 2017 report ‘Reinventing Construction: A Route to Higher Productivity‘ cited that global labour-productivity growth in construction has averaged only 1 percent a year over the past two decades, compared with growth of 2.8 percent for the total world economy and 3.6 percent in manufacturing.
This ILM Level 5 qualification is designed to provide upcoming and practicing managers with the essential knowledge and skills to implement lean techniques in support of productivity improvement across construction sector organisations and project teams.
Become a strategic, inspiring and forward-thinking senior leader in the construction sector by accelerating readiness to lead through intelligent preparation and application of lean improvement methodology. This course provides middle to senior managers with increased ability to motivate and innovate, learning to provide confident leadership as well as day-to-day management.
Through this programme you will:
- Benchmark your managerial skills, raise your profile in your organisation, and drive real organisational improvements.
- Prepare and apply lean production and improvement methodologies to your own workplace.
- Cultivate your ability to lead, motivate and inspire, provide confident leadership all whilst developing the behaviours and competencies for a successful career in leadership.
- Gain a recognised and transferable qualification that enables you to use core management techniques to drive better results.
- Gain the essential knowledge and skills to lead your team and organisation through trending and disruptive change agenda in this sector.
- Delivery: Online materials + live tutorials
- Duration: 9 months
- Guided learning hours: 51 hours
- Total qualification time: 208 hours
- Level: 5
- Units: 4
- Credits: 25
- Qualification: Certificate
- This course is CITB grant aided
- Cost: £2,500 (CITB grant: £600)
Who should attend
The course material for this qualification has been designed in context of professionals working in construction sector organisations, including architects, surveyors, engineers, project managers, site managers, marketing and business management.
It is suitable for practicing middle to senior managers as well as those looking for promotion and/or those identified through talent management programmes.
More Information and Booking
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is is provided through NFB.