ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring
This ILM Level 3 accredited Coaching and Mentoring programme has been designed for individuals, supervisors and line managers who wish to gain or develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence to coach and mentor effectively in their organisational setting, to develop and support their team and deliver performance outcomes.
For any organisations seeking to develop an impactive coaching or mentoring function this qualification provides a strong foundation for developing, safe, effective, and ethical practitioners who are focused on delivering both results at both the individual and the organisational level.
Delivered in the classroom, Learners on the programme will:
- Understand what it takes to be an effective coach and mentor
- Understand the role and responsibilities of effective coaches and mentors
- Recognise the role and importance of effective contracting with individuals and organisations
- Build a comprehensive toolkit of approaches and interventions that can be used in coaching and mentoring practice
- Explore ethical practice
- Understand and be able to apply a range of coaching and mentoring models
- Extensively practice the learnt skills in supervised coaching and mentoring sessions
- Develop the skills to reflect effectively on personal coaching and mentoring practice to continuously develop and grow your own abilities in the field
This highly engaging programme will give learners the opportunity to develop and apply the learning in a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
About the course
This is a 16-credit programme delivered as an initial 2-day module followed by a further 1-day module some 5-8 weeks later.
Learners will be required to explore both coaching and mentoring practice before then choosing whether to evidence their professional practice as either a coach or a mentor. The focus of the specialist route will be based upon learner and sponsor requirements. Learners will receive regular support and coaching or mentoring supervision from the tutor team throughout their learning journey.