CITB – Time to Reconstruct
The National Federation of Builders (NFB) has launched a paper, representing the views of its members, aiming to spark an industry and Government-wide debate about the future of CITB.
The paper lays out how a fundamental restructuring of the organisation could take place and proposes sweeping changes to ensure better, more efficient, more accountable, more focused and more successful delivery of skills and training outcomes.
Key recommendations include:
- Creation of a new construction careers body
- Fundamental reform of Levy including stripping CITB of Levy raising powers
- Removal of the grants system and corresponding reduction in Levy
- Delivering apprenticeship and qualification financial incentives through Government
- Retaining a residual CITB to focus on work as the Sector Skills Council
- Redeploying local advisors through Employment and Skills Boards
- Ending CITB projects and programmes
- Changing CITB’s status and submitting the organisation to competitive tender