As well as lobbying the Government alongside the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) on a range of other issues including, retention release, procurement flexibility and suspending PAYE, we are asking all members to write to their MP to lobby for immediate changes to the following policies:
- Include construction companies and housebuilders in the business rates relief exemption – Allowing reduced cost burden while our business does not receive income
- Immediately suspend planning contribution (CIL/section 106) payments – Businesses will be paying a tax on an income which cannot be generated
- Immediately suspend council tax charges on new build unoccupied/incomplete homes – Homes cannot be sold or completed, therefore will not use any council services
- Automatically extend all planning permissions by a year – Work has ground to a halt, permissions are lapsing and projects will take months to restart
- Release written sector guidance for construction – This will ensure the wider industry continues operating, as, eg: merchants, service providers have shut down, meaning homes cannot be sold or completed.
You can lobby your MP by:
- Using this link and putting in your postcode to identify who your companies local constituency MP is.
- Copying and pasting the wording in the attached letter.
We encourage members to use their MP's constituency address, further instructions and standard letter are available in the link below,
Standard Letter to your MP
To download the standard letter Click here