The NFB campaigns on a range of issues which are important to our members. Our current priorities, reflecting the concerns of our members, are:
- Smarter procurement – tackling the cost of procurement and challenging the focus on cost over quality
- Fair payment – working to tackle the problem of retentions for our members
- Streamlined planning – aiding effective delivery of projects from concept to breaking ground
- Subsidised training – recognising strategic training needs and the need for targeted subsidy
- Stay safe – working with partners and agencies to ensure continuous safety improvements across the sector
- The skills agenda – highlighting construction as a career choice, creating career pathways and developing skills to meet the sector’s future needs.
The NFB regularly seeks feedback on consultations that affect the construction industry. These consultations will be posted below. Members can sign up to this service by visiting the 'MyNFB' tab within your member profile and select 'Consultations' from the auto-alert list.
NFB consultation responses
Please find, to the right, a summary of NFB responses to consultations.