The National Federation of Builders (NFB) and the Scottish Building Federation (SBF) have signed an accord (October) which will see much closer working between the two organisations, for the benefit of building contractors and house builders in England, Scotland, and Wales.
The NFB and the SBF, widely perceived as partner federations, have had a long history or collaborative working and friendly relations, and have now decided to formalise the relationship for the benefit of their members.
Together, the two organisations have signed a commitment that will see:
- Exchange of information: Sharing relevant information, research, data and best practices to enhance their collective knowledge and understanding.
- Joint Initiatives: Undertaking joint initiatives, projects, or programs that align with their shared interests and objectives. Such initiatives shall be determined through mutual agreement and documented separately.
- Networking and Events: Collaborating in organising conferences, seminars, workshops, and other events to facilitate networking, knowledge sharing, and professional development.
- Resource Sharing: Exploring opportunities for resource sharing, including but not limited to facilities, equipment, professional expertise, advice to Members, and human resources, subject to mutual agreement.
- Advocacy and Representation: Co-ordinating efforts in advocating for common interests and representing their collective viewpoints on relevant matters at local, national, or international forums.
The joint working is expected to see rising standards, services, and advocacy with no additional cost, as members benefit from economies of scale and a great collective voice.
“For those in the construction industry, collaboration is absolutely critical to success and that should apply to trade associations too. We’ve had a long and fruitful relationship with the SBF and already do a number of things together. It is time to shift that up a gear and yield the commercial, reputational and representative benefits of a closer working relationship. We are excited about the prospects of this partnership and the louder voice and improved offering we can now give members in all three nations.”Richard Beresford, Chief Executive of the NFB
“By formalising our relationship with the National Federation of Builders (NFB), we are taking a significant step forward in strengthening the bonds between our organisations. The joint working accord signifies our commitment to better serving our members in Scotland, England, and Wales. This collaboration will undoubtedly elevate our collective impact and provide our members with enhanced services, advocacy, and a united voice in the construction industry across the nations.”Vaughan Hart, Managing Director of the SBF
The National Federation of Builders and the Scottish Building Federation continue to exist as separate organisations.