The National Federation of Builders (NFB) Policy Team is attending the party conferences to represent members and report back on key political announcements. Following the conclusion of the Conservative Party Conference in Manchester, the NFB has published a comprehensive 12-page guide to the key information and analysis you and your business need to know.
The guide covers fiscal policy, skills and apprenticeships, net zero and retrofit, construction infrastructure and housing, as well as 10 event reports from the policy-focused fringe events.
Key announcements include:
- The HS2 line to Manchester cancellation
- A new £36bn investment in ‘Network North’
- Additional funding for the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund
- Planning reform for solar panels on industrial units
- A new Long Term Plan for Towns regeneration investment
- Changes to the immigration Shortage Occupation List
- New Advanced British Standard for further education
The guide also features analysis of issues such as:
- The likelihood of tax cuts and apprenticeship levy reform
- An overview of housing and planning policy under the Conservatives
- The obstacles facing major housing and infrastructure projects in the UK political system
- The impact of increasing defence spending
- Liz Truss’s ‘Rally for Growth’
Download the full guide in the NFB Members Area here.