Starting your own business can be really challenging but risky as well, that is why the NFB offers a 'start-up' membership, which provides you with real solutions and practical tools.
Initially. start-up companies must provide basic information and this will then be followed up with references after 18 months of trading.
Companies who have been trading for over two years must meet the following criteria to be accepted into membership. This is to protect your reputation and maintain our high standards.
- Business address
- Business status
- Number of years trading (minimum two years)
- Details of directors and company secretary /partner or proprietor
- Details of all trading offices
- Company registration number
- Public liability insurance details
- Construction skills registration number
- VAT registration number
- CIS certificate details
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Numbers of employed - direct and LOSC
- Evidence of high trading standards via the provision of references from clients, professionals and accountants.