Tower of London
The NFB heritage annual conference and exhibition will take place at the Tower of London.
Heritage built environment: Taking the past and building the future.
This one day conference and exhibition, hosted at the prestigious Tower of London, focuses on the needs and challenges being faced by the heritage built sector. It will look at how traditional skills must work alongside modern building practices, to ensure the future of our growing stock of traditional buildings. The importance of innovation, collaboration, skills, education and better procurement practices will be explored alongside a showcase of fascinating heritage projects.
Speakers and agenda:
Tim Whitehill - event host
- 10:15 Delegate arrival, registration and exhibition
Tea and coffee on arrival
- 10:45 Welcome and introduction
Tim Whitehil, Host of the NFB Heritage Conference 2020
Clare Watson, Chair NFB Heritage Group
- 10:55 Craft skills and the value of interdisciplinary learning
The Prince’s Foundation
- 11:20 Achieving Supply Chain Sustainability – The English Heritage Journey
Sheriden Sleap,English Heritage
- 11:45 Focus on heritage skills, training and funding
Mark Bodger, CITB
- 12:10 Title TBC
Andrew Percy, B&CE
- 12:30 Lunch, networking and exhibition
- 13:30 Heritage Fires and how Fire Engineering can help protect historic properties
Matthew Stevens, IFC
- 13:55 Title TBC
Clare Watson, NFB Heritage Group Chair
- 14:20 Heritage skills – necessary or just a niche?
Nell Hellier, Carmarthenshire County Council
- 14:25 Refreshment break
Tea and coffee, exhibition
- 14:40 Title TBC
Representative from HRP
- 15:05 Title TBC
Representative from Robert Woodhead
- 15:25 Heritage Q & A panel
An opportunity to ask questions of the events speakers
- 15:50 Plenary
Tim Whitehill, Host of NFB Heritage Group event 2019
- 16:00 Event close
Highlights from last year's Heritage conference:
To sponsor or exhibit at this event, please email Mark Barber.