Make the leap from management material to outstanding team leader and first-line manager. With increasing pressure to produce better results with fewer resources, leadership and management capabilities are more important than ever. In this course you’ll have the opportunity to further develop a wide range of essential leadership and management skills including problem solving, how to establish an effective team, leading on diversity in the workplace, managing innovation and change, quality and financial management.
The aim of this qualification is to provide potential team leaders/managers with a foundation for their personal development in leadership and management.
- Induction and tutorial support (6 hours)
- Understanding leadership (3 hours)
- Diversity in the workplace (3 hours)
- Solving problems and making decisions (6 hours)
- Understanding innovation and change (6 hours)
- Understanding how to establish an effective team (6 hours)
- Understanding quality management in the workplace (6 hours)
- Understanding financial management (6 hours)
Who Should Attend?
It is suitable for practising team leaders/managers as well as those looking for promotion and/or those identified through talent management programmes.
The course material for this qualification has been designed in context of professionals working in the engineering and construction and sector, e.g.
- quantity surveyors
- project managers
- site managers
Results for Learner
- Gain a recognised qualification that is transferable onto other accredited courses such as diplomas and degrees
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations
Impact on Employer
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your organisation
Method of Delivery
Lectures, self-study, assessment guidance and assessments
This programme is delivered over 7 lecture days across a 9 month period.
Guided Learning Hours: 53 hours
Total Qualification time: 132 hours
Level 3 certificate
NFB members: £2,000 + VAT per delegate
Non NFB members: £2,250 + VAT per delegate
2020/2021 dates to be confirmed
To register your interest for this programme or for more information, please email the NFB training team on email@example.com
Delivery partner Accrediting body