Alongside building information modelling (BIM), lean construction lies at the heart of being able to deliver more sustainable buildings, more quickly and more efficiently.
Bringing the key elements of the lean manufacturing philosophy to construction, the NFB Business & Skills Lean Construction course has been specifically designed to enable operational management teams interested in, or responsible for, delivering the organisations continuous improvement strategy to understand how the implementation of lean construction can support the achievement of these objectives.
The programme will provide delegates with a detailed introduction to the key principles of lean construction and a level of understanding of this approach to enable the attendee to begin to challenge their processes to identify potential opportunities for improvement both at an organisational and a project level. It also provides a detailed understanding of the key lean construction tools and how to deploy these effectively on projects to deliver tangible benefits. The programme will also assist companies identify and develop their ‘lean champions’. On successful completion of this course, delegates will gain an understanding of the following:
- The strategic context and drivers for lean construction
- The client drivers – the ‘more for less agenda’
- Defining and understanding customer ‘value’ – workshop simulation
- Lean as a ‘real’ differentiator
- Understanding the ‘process model’
- An introduction to the lean construction toolbox
- Understanding the impact of lean construction – workshop simulation
- Action planning – next steps