The Government’s industrial strategy, Construction 2025, has challenged the industry to deliver significant improvements to the way in which construction projects are delivered, including:
33% lower costs
50% faster delivery
50% reduction in emissions
50% improvement in exports
At the forefront of delivering these challenging targets will be the implementation of the Government’s mandate for building information modelling which has been identified as the key mechanism to deliver more sustainable buildings, more quickly and more efficiently.
Ensuring your business is positioned to meet these challenges and grow in an increasingly competitive environment through having the right strategies to adapt and innovate will require effective leadership and management.
NFB Business and Skills’ leadership and management development programme has been developed to provide construction companies with a high-level strategic training package which will ensure participating companies have the right skills and competencies at the senior management level to meet the challenges of the future head on.
The programme will leave a lasting legacy within the organisation by measuring the impacts and benefits at the senior levels of the organisation.
The programme incorporates an initial diagnostic phase to enable the programme content to be tailored to meet the specific needs of each participating organisation. The diagnostic establishes each organisation’s current level of understanding and competencies in relation to the key objectives of the programme. In this way a bespoke programme is created to meet each company’s needs.
- To establish companies’ baseline through the initial diagnostic phase in order to tailor the programme to their specific needs
- To identify and understand external drivers for the future direction of the business
- To develop a key strategic vision for the future direction of the company, incorporating clear organisational and departmental objectives and goals
- Developing key leadership and management roles and responsibilities and ensuring the company has the right skills and competencies at the right level
- To develop a positive organisational culture in achieving better levels of motivation and productivity as well as improving quality of work and staff retention
- To develop structured approaches to implementing change in an organisation in order to drive improvements or to establish a more effective culture
- To develop effective means of communication within the organisation and creating a structure for open and honest communications
- To identify the principles for developing approaches to organisational performance measurement as part of an ongoing process of continuous improvement