Who are Evolve UK?
Evolve UK is a social enterprise & not-for-profit organisation that delivers the Flexi Job Apprenticeship Agency and the CITB Shared Apprenticeship Scheme in London and the West Midlands.
Evolve UK are an innovative company who are always keen to explore different ways of supporting people into employment.
How we can help you…
Our goal is to help contractors and their supply chain partners to deliver against their social value obligations and apprenticeship targets on short term placements – please get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
Current Evolve partners consist of Tier 1, 2 & SME contractors, training providers, local authority partners, housing associations and local stakeholders across the London area and West Midlands. The partners have extensive experience of working with apprentices in the Built Environment and Evolve continue to grow via our established national partnership links including Construction Youth Trust, Optivo, Social Enterprise UK, and Women into construction, to name a few.
How does Evolve’s Shared Apprenticeship model work?
Our service is simple, flexible and easy to access.
- We take the risk and work out of employing an apprentice on behalf of our client, allowing them to concentrate on their business whilst we cover all HR requirements– leaving no long term cost or risk to the business
- We source the local training, and the funding required, and manage the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Through the shared apprenticeship model, Evolve employs the apprentice directly for the duration of their apprenticeship and arranges placements for the apprentice with host businesses.
- Evolve’s dedicated Apprentice Managers provide wrap around pastoral support in order to successfully engage and motivate our apprentices and we aim to provide placement experience on-site with a number of contractors and sub-contractors throughout the duration of their full apprenticeship.
Our goal is to work collaboratively with as many partners as we can to offer employment opportunities to those particularly from under-represented groups and disadvantaged communities. We are passionate about encouraging and attracting a diverse talent pool by working with inclusive construction employers within the industry.
Benefits of the Shared Apprenticeship Scheme/Flexi-Job Apprenticeships
- The scheme allows employers to support and benefit from apprentices, without any long-term risk, cost or commitment to their business
- Our profits are reinvested into the business to support the training of the apprentices
- We provide HR support and monthly visits/progress reviews to the Host contractor and the apprentice throughout the duration of the placement.
- Since Evolve formed, it has exceeded industry percentage rates for employing those from underrepresented group within the construction industry. Currently, 28% of our apprentices are female and 66% are from Black, Asian or ethnic minority groups
- We continue to pay apprentices even whilst they are displaced (waiting to start new placement)
- We provide ongoing employability support and pastoral care – to provide routeway to sustainable employment
What does Evolve offer?
- Level 2 – 7 apprenticeships (we can deliver any apprenticeship)
- Enrolment with college/training provider 1 x per week
- Complete apprenticeship with construction employer in local area
- We encourage all employers to pay the London Living Wage – competitive rates (weekly pay)
- Mental Health & Wellbeing support
- Travel discount scheme
- Provide basic PPE & tools
We also offer our Career Construct programme that helps support learners who are not ready to take on an apprenticeship. Through Career Construct, we provide them with work experience, functional skills and employability training.
Get in touch to find out how we can work with you to meet your needs and social value targets.