- The United Kingdom needs to build at least 300,000 new homes every year to bridge the current gap with housing demand.
- The construction industry needs to recruit at least 35,000 new workers every year to cope with increasing work demand.
- The construction industry alone has the worst payment record of any industrial sector, with 31% of all late payments. Construction SMEs are owed a total of £30 billion in unpaid invoices.
- Every £1 invested in construction generates £2.84 in wider economic benefits
- For every £1 invested with an SME builder, 90p remains locally to train local young apprentices, hire local skilled workers and benefit the local economy.
For our latest news stories please click here.
The NFB is an active commentator on all construction industry related matters.
Media enquiries should be directed to
03450 578 160
Click here to read about our NFB expert speakers.