The House Builders Association (HBA)
Need to cut costs?
But still want effective representation?
Be part of the House Builders Association
As a division of the National Federation of Builders (NFB), the HBA has over 600 house builders in membership. Since the HBA’s launch in 2006 it has established itself with government and the media as the voice of the small and medium-sized house builder. It promotes the need for a thriving SME sector, which government now understands is essential if it is to achieve its aspiration of increasing housebuilding output. The HBA understands the varying needs of SMEs and it works to protect and promote their interests, at both a local and national level. It particularly works to ensure that when policy proposals and changes to regulations are made, the impact on smaller house builders is specifically considered, whether in terms of cost or additional bureaucracy and complexity.
James Hulme, the newly appointed policy adviser for the HBA will represent the HBA on key issues, ensuring that member voices are heard, whatever the subject matter on the agenda. Read more about on the left hand side of this page.
The Association where your views really count
As part of the NFB family, HBA members can take advantage of the following benefits:
Advice and support...
Widely recognised as the best service of its kind in the industry:
• Free access to eight advice lines - this service can cost over £200 per hour without membership
• Discounted products and services
• Access to toolkits including marketing and procurement toolkits
• A comprehensive programme of subsidised training
• Up-to-date information on legislation
• An active support team ensuring you get the most from your membership
• Information on external funding opportunies
Our voice representing your views:
• Lobbying government and decison makers at the highest levels resulting in housebuilding moving to the top of the agenda
• Consistent media coverage of NFB and HBA issues resulting in high profile recognition
Online catalogue of over 400 template documents:
• Contracts, policies, letters and procedures - this service can cost over £1200 without membership
Industry leading information:
• Weekly HBA newsletter
• Regular policy updates on issues affecting the industry
• Tri-annual members’ magazine
• Weekly newsflash publication with media roundup
• Independent research and surveys to back up policy positions
• Regional newsletters to keep you up-to-date on issues affecting your region
For further information on the benefits of joining The House Builders Association please click here or alternatively download the information leaflet below.
James Hulme, Strategic Policy Adviser
James joined the NFB in July 2013 and has taken over the seats representing the HBA on a number of government and industry committees and fora.
James brings significant knowledge and experience to address the policy agenda for the small and medium sized (SME) house builder, having been the director of policy & research for the Princes Foundation for the Built Environment until earlier this year. He has a broad understanding of issues ranging from planning and localism, to building performance specification, home and neighbourhood design. James will promote the contribution of small and medium sized house builders to the construction sector, as they deliver a significant proportion of the new homes desperately needed in many parts of the UK.